Being a healthy weight is important. However, being a healthy weight does NOT mean you are healthy. True health can only come from providing your body with the appropriate nutrition to support the function of the cells that make up your physical being.
As a matter of fact, carrying a few extra pounds but eating healthy foods is much MORE important than being slender and eating mostly processed foods.
We all know people like that don’t we?
Seems unfair but consider this: They may look good on the outside, but the damage happening on the inside is devastating in the long run. Chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer can take decades to evolve and proper nutrition plays a big role in preventing these.
Then there is the DIET food…
The most popular commercial diet programs we are consistently bombarded with consist of foods that limit calorie intake but unfortunately often lack in nutritional value, leaving you feeling unsatisfied and irritable at best, and are a ‘gateway’ to the vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting at worst.
If the majority of your daily nutrition comes from bars, shakes, plastic containers, chances are high that you are NOT getting what your body needs for ultimate well-being. In short, you may lose weight, but you may also be losing, or at least not gaining health.
The obsession with weight versus health puts women in particular under SO much pressure. How about we take the focus OFF the weight and put it ON HEALTH instead?
A few things WILL happen when we do:
1) Weight WILL shift: When you eat mostly wholefoods, your body is getting what it needs to function optimally and it knows what to do with ‘real’ food so your metabolism will benefit, resulting in weight loss.
2) Energy levels WILL go up: Because your cells are getting what they need to thrive, you will experience more energy than ever before allowing you to stay more active resulting in?... you guessed it, further weight loss.
3) Sleep WILL get better: When your body is well nourished, your sleep will improve immensely, resulting in better energy levels during the daytime, resulting in you being more active, which results in further weight loss…. Seeing the pattern?
4) Mood, including pre-menstrual symptoms WILL improve: When you are feeding your body well, you are going to lose that irritable feeling you get from eating unhealthy processed junk. Didn’t know that eating junk did that? Sustaining yourself on mostly processed foods messes with EVERY part of your life, including your hormonal balance and daily mood. It may take a few weeks to really see a difference, but once you do, there is no going back. Trust me, your family will thank you!
5) You WILL experience a boost in self-confidence: Once you are not counting calories and self-flagellating each time you eat something you will find that the negative self-talk will recede. A bit of self-tolerance and self-LOVE will do wonders for your overall well-being and state of mind!
Sounds simple, right?
Well, in essence it is.
But like any change, it can be intimidating, so where do you start?
Start SMALL and do it gradually.
Introduce more fresh produce into your daily life.
Start taking a home-made lunch to work.
Take an hour or so each week to plan and prep your meals.
And if you need support and more guidance to begin, here are a couple of great resources for you.
Yours in peace, love and HEALTH
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.